After 25 years of toil and turmoil, the assertion is warranted: education is not an important American value; in fact the American dream has more to do with material success and with owning one's business than being educated. Let me give one brief inductive example...
A supervisor saying, the admin does not care about teaching... why should they... they have their own agenda. why would they care about you... why would they want to solve our problems? Are you jealous of those with six figure salaries... you would take one of those jobs if they were offered to you, right.
Translation: forget about education; forget about the mission of the school; forget planning; once upon a time, I did have a very good paying job but I quit because I did not feel I was accomplishing anything other than collecting a very good check, so I quit. I thought we worked as an institution for the good of the students, but I guess not. Despite all the literature about leadership, it makes no difference now. And no, I would not create my own position if it were not sustainable and worth doing--and was not open to other candidates.
No comments:
Post a Comment